As the COVID-19 pandemic disrupts life as we know it, environmental hazards have consistently been a threat to our health, especially in children whose developing brains and bodies are more vulnerable to toxins. These hazards are in the water we drink, the air we breathe, the products we consume and even include the worsening, natural disasters we experience. For this episode, I’m joined by Nse Witherspoon, the Executive Director of the Children’s Environmental Health Network (CEHN) to discuss the impact environmental hazards have on kid’s health and what we can do to protect our children. She gives us the blueprint to make a difference in our homes and in our community.
This episode covers:
- The work of CEHN
- Why the environment is a major concern in kid’s health and in individuals of reproductive age
- Types of environmental hazards that threaten health
- How climate change impacts health
- The Florida Report-how states are doing and key environmental concerns
- How the COVID 19 pandemic impacts existing environmental threats
- What you can do to advocate for a healthier environment
Thanks, Ms. Nsedu Obot Witherpsoon, MPH
XOXO to my listeners. Please continue to share, Subscribe, Rate, Review and comment. I look forward to giving you a “shout out” on the show, so comment and question away……
Subscribe to liser4.sg-host.com to stay connected and get updates. It won’t cost you anything and I promise not to bother you too much, just the occasional new episode and maybe a blog article. Just trying to help you take a few “kid health moments.”
Visit the contact page to send me your comments, show ideas and questions, or inquiries to work with me. Let me put “a little kid health” on your next event or appear on your show as a kid health expert.
Click the episode links below to listen to this episode!